The organizers of this event are dedicated to providing a harassment-free event experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, political affiliation, or socio-economic status. We do not tolerate harassment of event participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any part of this event. Event participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the event organizers. The code of conduct is incorporated into the Terms and Conditions of your ticket and into the contracts of all speakers, organizers and contractors.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Verbal comments that reinforce dominant social structures related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, immigration status, nationality, age, religion, social class, economic class, or political affiliation.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
- Advocating against the code of conduct
- Interfering with staff activity in relation to the code of conduct
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Speakers, staff, volunteers or vendors, are also bound by the anti-harassment policy.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, event organizers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund.
Event organizers may take action to redress anything designed to –, or with the clear impact of –, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants.
We expect participants to follow these rules at all event venues and event-related social activities. We think people should follow these rules outside event activities too!
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible to any conference staff member. Conference staff will be identified by colored hats, armband or lanyards as announced at the event. The conduct officer will be wearing a brightly colored hat. Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our event for everyone. We want you to be happy at our event. People like you make our event a better place.
You can make a report either personally or anonymously:
You can make a personal report by:
- Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contacting any staff member, who will be identified by colored hats, armband or lanyards as announced at the event.
When taking a personal report, our staff will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. They may involve other event staff to ensure your report is managed properly. Once safe, we’ll ask you to tell us about what happened. This can be upsetting, but we’ll handle it as respectfully as possible, and you can bring someone to support you. You won’t be asked to confront anyone and we won’t tell anyone who you are.
Our team will be happy to help you contact venue security, local law enforcement, local support services, provide escorts, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
Make an anonymous report about a Conduct Issue here:
We can’t follow- up an anonymous report with you directly, but we will fully investigate it and take whatever action is necessary to prevent a recurrence.