Andreas M. Antonopoulos is a best-selling author, speaker, educator, and one of the world’s foremost bitcoin and open blockchain experts. He is known for delivering electric talks that combine economics, psychology, technology, and game theory with current events, personal anecdote, and historical precedent effortlessly transliterating the complex issues of blockchain technology out of the abstract and into the real world. He has written four books: Mastering Bitcoin (O’Reilly Media), The Internet of Money, The Internet of Money Volume Two, and Mastering Ethereum (O’Reilly Media).
The Future of Programmable Money
The title of this talk is just a placeholder. Each of Andreas’ keynote talks is unscripted and unique; he never delivers the same talk twice. No one knows what the topic will be yet, not even Andreas! But you can be sure the topic will be relevant and the session will be engaging and inspiring.
This 3-hour course will help you prepare to take the Certified Bitcoin Professional (CBP) exam. The cost of the exam is included in the price of your conference ticket; we will have testing on-site or you can take the exam on your own time after the conference.
In this course, you will learn about:
- The history of money, bitcoin, and how the price of bitcoin is derived.
- Basic cryptographic terms, hash functions, encryption, and digital signatures.
- Bitcoin Basics, including addresses and keys, transactions, the blockchain, bitcoin as a unit (e.g. millibt, satoshi), ways to earn, buy, sell, and store bitcoin, blockchain explorers and Unspent Transaction Outputs (UTXOs).
- Bitcoin wallets, specifically: wallet types (hot/cold, paper, hardware, multi-sig, etc) bitcoin clients, and wallet backup/recovery.
- Bitcoin commerce, including how to accept bitcoin for products and services
This course will guide you through the fundamentals of bitcoin. If you attend this course, take good notes and review the CBP study guide, you will have the tools you need to pass the CBP exam.